Re: [linux-lvm] Online Update by using alternate root partition (as in Solaris)

Hi,

Can this be implemented on RHEL5.5 without any issues - http://www.novell.com/communities/node/5932/rollback-sles-online-updates-lvm-snapshots ?

Thanks & Regards,
Renil Thomas.

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Renil Thomas <renilthomas82 gmail com> wrote:

Hi All,

This is about the online update on a linux machine. For instance, on a running machine (RHEL 5.5), software update has to be carried out without affecting the active root partition(LVM2 is used here), i.e., on an alternate root partition or environment , can snapshots help? Also, after updating in order to check the status of my update, can I boot from the alternate partition (if possible above)  and then if it works fine, can I sync the data into the older partition with these changes?

Thanks & Regards,
Renil Thomas