Re: [linux-lvm] [SOLVED?] rebuilding LV ext4 filesystem

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Ken Bass wrote:

> Again, thank you SO much. There were a few files that I really wanted/needed
> to recover. Plus, I also needed the storage space back on the LAN server.

I always use mirrored disks with the md driver.  Simpler to use
than Raid-5, flexible (remove a disk and take it else where for an instant
clone), performance boost for reads (but not writes), disks are
cheap, protects against simple disk failure - i.e. what you just suffered,
2 disk minimum requirement (vs. 3 or more for other RAID schemes).

Just add the md* devices as PVs to your volume group.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>