Re: [linux-lvm] Why does every lvm command insist on touching every pv?

Dne 16.6.2010 02:34, Phillip Susi napsal(a):
On 06/15/2010 04:41 PM, Takahiro Yasui wrote:
As for accessing block devices, you can limit accesses to those
devices by filter option in lvm.conf. This is an example which
allows accesses only to /dev/sd*

      filter = [ "a|/dev/sd|", "r|.*|" ]

You can specify more strict rule like

      filter = [ "a|/dev/sd[a-z]|", "r|.*|" ]

What if I don't want ANY devices to be scanned every time an lvm command
is run?  Shouldn't they be scanned once when udev first detects they
have been attached, and no more?  I thought removing /dev from the scan=
line would do that, but it didn't.

I'd have say - this is work-in-progress for now - yes, udev should handle all this for lvm - but we are not yet there...

Meanwhile - you may write few scripts which will pass exact filters for your lvm commands if you know you do not need to touch those devices.

Zdenek