[linux-lvm] My root filesystem based on LVM went down.

Ray Morris support at bettercgi.com
Wed May 12 12:53:33 UTC 2010

    I'm not sure what "can not nomally start today" means, what
is the error message?  If your question is "how can I make the
LV visible in rescue mode", see "man lvm".  Something like:

lvm pvscan # look to see if the PVs are there.
lvm vgscan # is the volume group detected?
lvm lvscan # are all of the volumes found OK?
lvm vgchange -ay # activate all VGs
--
Ray Morris
support at bettercgi.com