Re: [linux-lvm] Need help with a particular use-case for pvmove.

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 6:03 PM, Lars Ellenberg
<lars ellenberg linbit com> wrote:
> You will then have to reduce the bad-old drive from the VG, and
> shutdown/unplug old/replug new, which of course involves downtime again.
>
> You should consider using some sort of RAID in the future.

My last server lost 80% of its data due to a bug in the raid software,
so I'm rather leery of going with a raid solution. I was hoping LVM
would be better.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.