Re: [linux-lvm] advice for curing terrible snapshot performance?

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010, Stephane Chazelas wrote:

> ddsnap (zumastor) worked great but is no longer maintained.
>
> - LVM snapshots: poor performace or very few snapshots
> - ddsnap: got to stick with an old kernel

zumastor doesn't depend on kernel versions - it uses device-mapper just
like regular snapshots.  (Or does it have a special device-mapper
kernel module?)

> - btrfs, not really production ready yet. Probably your best bet
> though.

This is good too, but at a different level.  We still need LV snapshot.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>