[linux-lvm] Snapshot merge in the background?

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Wed Oct 20 21:08:10 UTC 2010

On 10/20/2010 4:55 PM, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> "Before finishing the boot"... can you be more specific?  Where was it
> stopped waiting for a snapshot merge?  How did you know it was waiting
> for snapshot merge?  Which distro are you using?

It seemed to be stopped waiting for the initial activation of the root
lv before continuing with the boot.  This manifested as a several minute
delay before the gui came up, and when I checked the bootchart image, it
was indeed sitting running lvm for a long time before everything else.
This is with Ubuntu 10.10.