[linux-lvm] Determine boot disk device name...

Ray Morris support at bettercgi.com
Tue Oct 26 18:55:50 UTC 2010

    Lacking any better answers so far, you can:

Look for grub.conf / lilo
check each device for a valid boot block (begins with EB 48 90 on x64)
Restate the question to specify what you actually want to accomplish.

    As an example of the last option, someone might try to figure
out which disk was booted from in order see which bootloader is there,
and that information will be used to do some other task, call it "task
C".
It may be possible to figure out which bootloader it is without knowing
which device was booted from, and it may be possible to do "task C"
without either of the previously discussed steps.
--
Ray Morris
support at bettercgi.com

http://www.bettercgi.com/strongbox/