Re: [linux-lvm] Removing a failed PV from VG/LV

Please disregard my previous inquiry about pvcreate on loop. I got it
to work by doing 'losetup /dev/loop0 disk-image'. That was off-topic
anyway.

To state what information I'm looking for in a more concise form:
How to go about restoring a VG without having to physically replace a
failed PV? Is it possible to create a "fake" PV, restore LVM metadata,
fsck the filesystem and finally remove the PV?

--
TW