[linux-lvm] lvm hangup on snapshot overflow

Pasha Z free.lan.c2.718r at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 08:40:43 UTC 2011

Thanks for the reply!

> What exactly are you trying to do with lvconvert rather than lvcreate?
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question.

> Never let snapshots fill up - use dmeventd instead and intervene in
> a controlled way before they are full.

Thanks for the idea. The only obstacle, preventing from using dmeventd right
away, is that it can unmount/extend full snapshots, while I need to have
them switched to read-only.

And the final question: is it planned to integrate control over snapshots to
lvm itself and how soon if yes?