[linux-lvm] cmp of inactive mirrored LV fails

starlight at binnacle.cx starlight at binnacle.cx
Fri Dec 2 21:14:44 UTC 2011

By coincidence I've just setup my first MD
RAID0 partitions on a different system.
Discovered

   echo "check" >>/sys/block/md?/md/sync_action

which triggers a mirror check.  I'm guessing that
this operation takes account of the DISCARD
discrepencies and therefore does not report
false errors.  (correct me if I'm wrong)

Does LVM have anything similar to this feature?