Re: [linux-lvm] cmp of inactive mirrored LV fails

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw that on Dec 2, starlight binnacle cx   :

By coincidence I've just setup my first MD
RAID0 partitions on a different system.
Discovered

  echo "check" >>/sys/block/md?/md/sync_action

which triggers a mirror check.  I'm guessing that
this operation takes account of the DISCARD
discrepencies and therefore does not report
false errors.  (correct me if I'm wrong)

At least as of EL5.7, MD sync check does not take
into account DISCARD, and does not report individual blocks out of sync - just a count.

BTW, RAID0 does *not* provide mirroring!  You want
RAID1 or RAID10 for that.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>