Re: [linux-lvm] How to find out the location of PE's

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw that on Dec 30, peter bieshaar gmail com   :

thanks for this information. I will investigate the MetaData, on the second
sector, as you mentioned. Now I also can more easily search the code (using
the LVM2 and LABELONE strings). I tried but, it's a lot

If you have even an old backup of the /etc/lvm directory, that old metadata
could pinpoint the LV of your root filesystem (if it hasn't been resized
or moved since the backup), from you can extract the current metadata.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>