Re: [linux-lvm] Snapshots and disk re-use

On 23/02/11 14:16, Joe Thornber wrote:
On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 13:57 +0000, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

The snapshot will be done in the Xen host, so the Xen host will see the
snapshot. The VM will only see the "normal" LV (and continue to use it
as normal). My concern is what happens when I remove the snapshot and
later on I create a new additional LV for a new customer.
When you remove the snapshot the exception store will have bits of the
origin device on it.  Zero it before you use the space to provision a
volume for a new customer.

- Joe

And how do I zero just exception store?

Thanks