Re: [linux-lvm] Snapshots and disk re-use

But to be useful, you need to write to one or the other.  Using the origin as a
(mostly) readonly "template" for many VM customers works efficiently with VMs
running in snapshots.  In that case, writes to the snapshots are just one
write.  You *could* consider the origin a "snapshot" in that case.  But then
you are defining "snapshot" to be the readonly branch, which is a different
sense than how LVM uses the term.

This is really eye opening to the useful of LVM snapshots. I never once considered to use them in this way :)

But back to my original question. Let me try and word it a bit better.

Give that I currently follow the current procedure for removing and adding customers:

To remove customer: zero out customer LV, then remove LV
To add customer: create a new LV

And I want to run backups of a customer's LV using snapshots I just:
create a snapshot of the customer LV, then use rsync, then remove the snapshot. Is there anything I should do to prevent cross-customer data leakage?

Thanks