Re: [linux-lvm] Snapshots and disk re-use

On 24/02/11 00:32, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
On Thu, 24 Feb 2011, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

So I'm guessing then, that when a snapshot is created for an origin, then
there are 2 physical copies of the data on disk? (Albeit only one is
accessible at the regular filesystem level)
NO, NO, NO.  There is still only *one* physical copy of the data
after creating a snapshot.  You have simply created a "branch point"
which can now diverge as each branch is written to.

Then why was it suggested that I should zero my new customer LVs upon creation? Please remember that my snapshots will not be written to

Thanks