[linux-lvm] grub written over lvm partition

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jan 17 15:00:49 UTC 2011

What does "rather unhappy" mean?  The upgrade process remembers what
device you installed grub to before and uses the same location when grub
needs to be reinstalled.  Also, installing grub to /dev/sda1 only
modifies sector zero, which LVM does not use, so while it may not boot,
it wouldn't cause any harm.