Re: [linux-lvm] Inconsistent naming...?

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, Linda A. Walsh wrote:

Roughly, if I give a script the mount point of a logical device, how can I find
out the name of the LV it is on?

  Before I stumbled upon this quote-hack, I could look the mount point in
/proc/mounts and get the dev name.

I apologize for not being more helpful and actually posting such a script
(would be happy to do so when I find the link to the quoting spec),
but I would write a python script (or even a C program in the unlikely event
it becomes a bottleneck) to quote/unquote lv names.  Use that
in your shell scripts to get the dev name.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>