Re: [linux-lvm] Recovery from a failed motherboard

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011, Tom Epperly wrote:

I am wondering if there is a way I can plug these two physical disks
into another Linux box and access the file system that's on the
logical volume group.

Yes. It should work without issue. Many times I have booted a system
(home and work) with volume groups on a sysrescuecd and my volume
groups show up without issue.

One issue would be if the vg name conflicts with a vg name on the system
you plug them into.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>