[linux-lvm] LVM Alignement

Hey all,

i have a question about Lun / Partition alignment.

If I use LVM in a Linux guest OS on a VMFS Datastore i can align my Partitions with mbralign.

But the tool failes if I will try to use it on a LVM only VDisk. For example the second Disk of this guest OS.

Did I need to align the second disk or did LVM take care of alignment ? I just mean a single VDisk with a single LVM VG.

Greetings

Lukas Matecki

Windows Server

-------------------------

LVR-InfoKom

Ottoplatz 2

50679 Köln

Tel. 0221 809 2617

mailto:Lukas Matecki lvr de

http://www.lvr.de

http://www.infokom.lvr.de

### Service Team Windows Server

### Telefon: 0221 809 7600

### Servicezeiten: 07:00 Uhr bis 16:00 Uhr

### mailto:z13win lvr de