Re: [linux-lvm] Please help me recover my LVM configuration

On Jul 29, 2011, at 10:30 PM, David Ziring wrote:

Hi all,

I’m hoping I can get some help recovering my data.  A week or so back I accidentally overwrote the partition table on one of the two drives containing my data.  I luckily didn’t touch the partition itself, so I believe all the data is still there, but in rebuilding the partition table I (think I) nuked the uuid of the drive.  Now I’m not sure how to progress.

If all that is over-written is the partition table, testdisk (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk) is about the simplest partition recovery solution I've found.

-Ev