[linux-lvm] Mirror: write operations and consistency checking

Ray Morris support at bettercgi.com
Fri Jun 3 03:18:50 UTC 2011

It is safe to use a flash drive. The first generation flash drives had an endurance of only about 50,000 writes, but current devices test better than magnetic disks, lasting for about 51 years of continuous writes. Part of that is better chips. Part is that even inexpensive flash devices now have wear leveling, so it rotates blocks, not writing to the same physical block even if you write to the same logical block.
--
Ray Morris
Http://bettercgi.com