[linux-lvm] How to fix missmatch between VG-size and LV-size?

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Thu Mar 31 15:24:51 UTC 2011

On 03/31/2011 10:06 AM, Fredrik Skog wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I ever get all this data back I will definitely try to either RAID it
> or make a backup of the most importatnt stuff on the volume.

Tsk tsk tsk.  No one ever *really* learns until thy lose something
important.

High-capacity "Green" hard drives are dirt cheap, as are external USB
and eSATA enclosures.  (Though I haven't figured out how to pull the
eSATA plug on a running system without it scribbling all over something
important...)  So, if today I were building a backup system, I'd buy a
USB 3.0 card, a 2-drive USB 3.0 enclosure and a couple of 3TB Green drives.

corrupt."