Re: [linux-lvm] calculating size of metadata.

It's good think about this because running out of metadata space is no
fun. We use 181KB for about 300 LVs, where each snapshot is counted as
two LVs because of the way it's stored.  That's based on the size of the
backup. vgs shows 8 MB of metadata used, though:

# vgs --units k -o vg_mda_count,vg_mda_free,vg_mda_size clones
vgs  #VMda VMdaFree  VMdaSize
vgs      3  7973.50k 16444.00k

In any event, on a 19,950,000 MB partition, even 64 MB of metadata
would represent 0.0006% of the storage. To think of it another way, 64
MB costs roughly 0.03 cents, so allocate plenty.
--
Ray Morris
support bettercgi com

http://www.bettercgi.com/strongbox/