[linux-lvm] Snapshots

I have been looking into LVM2 for a while now and while I think it is useful for a range of applications, its seems pretty limited in overall scope.

Is there any active development happening? Most of the code seems like bug-fixes or minor tweaks. Is the snapshot system being improved? Specifically, snapshots of snapshots? thin provisioned snapshots or auto-expand (i.e. snapshots don't run out of space). If you look at technologies like ZFS snapshots are far better supported, but ZFS will probably never be real under Linux, and it really is far more than is really needed.

So, I guess my questions are these: Is LVM in maintenance mode or is there active development? If it is being actively developed, is there a road map and is there a group or site specifically dedicated to the development?