[linux-lvm] Duplicate PV's - how does LVM choose which one to use

Hi,

I had VG's and LV's on top of a Linux MD RAID1 array using two iSCSI volumes. Apparently this RAID1 array wasn't started properly after a reboot, so LVM detected two duplcate PV's (both RAID1 members had the same PV UUID) and chose to use one of them. Unfortunately I didn't notice it so it ran like that for a while.

I was lucky and the machine was only rebooted once, so LVM used the same PV all the time, but what would happen on a next reboot?

How does LVM decide which one to use?  Will it always choose the same one?

   Thanks, Danilo