Re: [linux-lvm] Duplicate PV's - how does LVM choose which one to use

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:35:03AM -0600, Ray Morris wrote:
> Perhaps when duplicates are found the seqno should be incremented
> so it DOES use the same one next time, and generate a warning
> indicating which one is out of date?

Wouldn't be possible - it can't distinguish between them (or we'd not
be in this situation).

If they have the same UUID it assumes they are different paths to the same
device and picks one of them to use.

But there are other cases (like hardware snapshot, mirror that failed to
start up first) where it's better to stop and force the sysadmin to fix
things.

Alasdair