Re: [linux-lvm] [Linux-lvm] Need help in understanding the logical to physical mapping by LVM

Hi Ray,

I see that the /etc/lvm/backup has only one file which gives some basic information about the physical volumes and logical volumes.

I am looking for some hints on where to look in the LVM code if I want to see the entire sequence of address translation from a logical address given by the application to the physical address on the underlying RAID5..
Any pointers to a document or paper explaining this would also be appreciated !!

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Ray Morris <support bettercgi com> wrote:
> I want to understand how LVM maps a logical address to physical
> address.

Look in /etc/lvm/backup/* to see the actual map.
--
Ray Morris
support bettercgi com

http://www.bettercgi.com/strongbox/