[linux-lvm] Removing vg and lv after physical drive has been removed

Rene C. openvz at dokbua.com
Sun Sep 2 02:02:13 UTC 2012

Thanks.

dmsetup status does indeed show the orphan LV's vg04-vz and vg04-swap as active.

There seems to be two ways to clear them, dmsetup clear and dmsetup
remove - which one is the best to use? Anything I should be
particularly careful about to not mess up things?

Neither partition are active in Linux, both were unmounted before
removing the drive.