[linux-lvm] LVM snapshot with Clustered VG [SOLVED]

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 09:00:47 UTC 2013

Dne 14.3.2013 22:57, Andreas Pflug napsal(a):
> On 03/13/13 19:30, Vladislav Bogdanov wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way to find out if a LV is locked exclusively? lvs displaying
>>> -e-- instead of -a-- would be nice. Seems not even lvdisplay knows about
>>> exclusive locking.
>> That would break other tools which rely on their output. F.e. cluster
>> resource agents of libvirt (yes, it runs lvm tools rather then using
>> API, which is not yet complete btw). As I also need to obtain this
>> information, I think about writing simple tool (f.e. clvm_tool) which
>> would display needed info.
>>
>> As a workaround you can run lvchange -aly without force parameter. If it
>> succeeds, the volume is locked in a shared mode, otherwise it is locked
>> exclusively.
>
> Hm, thats one ugly workaround...
> How about a clvmd option, something like -l to list all locks and exit.

I think - the extension to  'lvs' command could be relatively simple
(adding a new column)

You may query  for  exclusive/local activation on the node.
(So you cannot just tell on which other node is the device active,
but you could print about these states:

active exclusive local
active exclusive
active local