[linux-lvm] Removing disk from raid LVM

Libor Klepáč libor.klepac at bcom.cz
Thu Mar 12 15:21:21 UTC 2015

Hello,
but when i use

# lvs -a | grep Vokapo
output is

lvBackupVokapo                               vgPecDisk2 rwi-aor- 128.00g
  [lvBackupVokapo_rimage_0]                    vgPecDisk2 iwi-aor-  42.67g
  [lvBackupVokapo_rimage_1]                    vgPecDisk2 iwi-aor-  42.67g
  [lvBackupVokapo_rimage_2]                    vgPecDisk2 iwi-aor-  42.67g
  [lvBackupVokapo_rimage_3]                    vgPecDisk2 iwi-aor-  42.67g
  [lvBackupVokapo_rmeta_0]                     vgPecDisk2 ewi-aor-   4.00m
  [lvBackupVokapo_rmeta_1]                     vgPecDisk2 ewi-aor-   4.00m
  [lvBackupVokapo_rmeta_2]                     vgPecDisk2 ewi-aor-   4.00m
  [lvBackupVokapo_rmeta_3]                     vgPecDisk2 ewi-aor-   4.00m

what are these parts then?

it was created using
# lvcreate --type raid5 -i 3 -L 128G -n lvBackupVokapo vgPecDisk2
(with tools 2.02.104)
I was not sure about number of stripes

Libor