[linux-lvm] Cpy%Sync column - high disk activity after reboots

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Sun May 31 14:51:21 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm trying lvmcache and it seems to work ok. However, after every
reboot, I notice quite a long period of disk activity. lvs gives me this
output:

% lvs
  LV            VG       Attr       LSize   Pool    Origin                Data%  Meta%  Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
  btrfs-spinner bluebook Cwi-aoC--- 582,19g [cache] [btrfs-spinner_corig] 70,11  11,34           82,55

The % gets lower over time and when it reaches 0 the disk activity goes
back to normal.

Is this to be expected/normal?
It seems to me the entire cache is checked as if it wasn't cleanly
closed on shutdown. I'm currently using writethrough and would like to
make sure everything is ok before enabling writeback.

Thanks,
Mathijs