[linux-security] Re: compare / contrast of linux fw and others

> At 08:05 AM 10/28/98 -0500, Chan Kar Heng wrote:
>
> > how about reporting? anything useful to please the eyes of the
> > management people?

	I think a perfect trio is made from ipfwadm as firewall (soon ipchains) + bash
shell as a primary trimmer for the data reported by ipfwadm + mrtg as a HTML
report generator (http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg.html).
	You can do almost whatever you want with these tools; knowing shell programming
is not such a hard task, and a little HTML programming "to please the management
people" you can do in as little as 30 minutes.

	That's our way, and we're quite happy with it.

				Florin Andrei
				Communications Manager @ Expert S.R.L.
				Romania