speaking of /tmp races

Sorry if this is so obvious as to not merit mentioning, but I just grep'd
for /tmp/.*$$ in /bin/ and /usr/bin and found a number of lines which
appeared to be people making up tmp files with /tmp/appname.$$ as the
name.

Maybe my redhat 5.1 box wasn't a great place to do that though -- anyone
have a redhat 5.2 box (or debian-current, or whatever) that they can grep
through their bin directories for this simple probably tmp race string?

jim

PS I'll provide my results if someone really want's em but I figure
someone will a "full" install of some distro might be better off doing
their own grep. Not to mention I have installed various rpms from rawhide,
etc, and would have to have a couple false positives in the list.

--
Linux has been deployed in mission critical, commercial environments with an
excellent pool of public testimonials...  Linux outperforms many other UNIXes

Microsoft Internal Memo, annotated at http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/halloween.html