[lvm-devel] liblvm Python/C extension (Python Liblvm)

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Mon Jan 24 10:08:13 UTC 2011

Dne 24.1.2011 01:11, Petr Rockai napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> Lars Sjöström <lars.sjostrom at redhat.com> writes:
>> I was missing a proper LVM2 interface to Python so I decided to write
>> one my self! I have wrapped all the liblvm C APIs (excluding the new
>> APIs committed in Dec). Doc strings are still missing, as well as proper
>> setup.py build env, so consider it as work in progress.
>>
>> This might also be interesting to other projects like Anaconda for
>> example.
>>
>> I would love to get your feedback on it!
>
> I am not a python guy myself, but I definitely welcome this. On the
> other hand, as Zdeněk points out, this does have some issues. I also
> think Anaconda folks have refused to use liblvm as far as there are no
> python bindings (and they are not interested in binding to the C API
> themselves). Hence, I suppose they are going to be interested indeed.

I'm trying to get Anaconda team requirements in some written form - they are
doing many weird things which needs to be sorted out (currently they use some
rather very ugly hacks in their code) - I believe they do not need to handle
things in python at all as they do now and they should be happy with lvm2cmd
library - IMHO they need some virtual LVM support - but let's wait what will
they provide to us.

Zdenek