Re: NTP syncing best practice

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 16:08 -0800, Ryan Ordway wrote:

> 	I have always used [x]ntpd. Here is an example configuration:
>
> restrict default nomodify notrap noquery
> restrict 127.0.0.1
> fudge   127.127.1.0 stratum 10
> driftfile /var/lib/ntp/drift
> broadcastdelay  0.008
> keys            /etc/ntp/keys
> server 128.193.10.15
> server 127.127.1.0

I have DMZ and MZ, so I rater prefer "multicastclient". All linux boxes
are configured with kickstart as follows:

server  127.127.1.0     # local clock
fudge   127.127.1.0 stratum 10
driftfile /etc/ntp/drift
multicastclient
authenticate no

There is a selected linux box that is configured like "server-client"
role. Client configuration is easy with you preferred GUI/TUI-tool.
Making your debian box a multicast server is easy:

broadcast 224.0.1.1

Regards.

--
HD