Re: 3Ware cards on RHEL 4.2

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 at 5:36pm, Tom Sightler wrote

This is going to sound like a crazy suggestion, but have you attempted
to use the 'noacpi' option on boot?  It seems like I remember one issue
with a Gigabyte motherboard and a 3-ware 7500 series card where the user
thought it was something to do with the 3-ware driver but it turned out
to be a problem with interrupt routing.

It might be worth trying.

I was thinking of suggesting that too, but then said to myself "Nah, folks'll think I'm nuts." ;)

pci=noacpi and just noacpi are probably worth trying, as is making sure your mobo BIOS is fully up to date.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering