large filesystem tuning suggestions

hello all we are configuring rhel es 4 servers with five apple xserve
raid servers connected to qlogic fibre switch. so far i have
successfully configured 6TB arrays and make them accessible to rhel
server using advice in rhn-users list archives '[rhn-users] RHEL 4 -
how can I create a file system over 2 TB' and in
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/ch-disk-storage.html#S1-DISK-STORAGE-PARTED
 for example............

# parted -i /dev/sda
(parted) mklabel gpt
(parted) mkpart primary ext3 0 6000000
(parted) quit

# /sbin/mkfs.ext3 -j -m 0 /dev/sda1
# e2label /dev/sda1 /prodspace1
# mount /dev/sda1 /prodspace1

-m 0 seems like good option to use to conserve space unless it is
necessary, pls any suggestions?
linux server and xserve raids are in lab of os x machines to use for
video production. file served by httpd 2.0 from linux server on xserve
raids will between 10 mb to 50 mb each.

pls share suggestions + hints for creating and tuning large
filesystems like this in rhel es 4. TIA