Re: Server hangs out

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 17:05 +0300, mohammed saif wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> Thanks for helping, in my /etc/fstab, the shared file system has the
> following entry:
> /dev/c2d0       /oraprod        ext3          defaults     1  2

Perhaps you should clarify what you mean by "shared file system".  Are
you actually attempting to share and ext3 filesystem with another box
using a SAN (or iSCSI or some other shared bus)?  If so, I think that's
pretty wrong.  Ext3 is not a cluster filesystem and, as far as I know,
is not able to be simultaneously accessed from multiple systems.

Later,
Tom