Re: install new scsi harddisk on IBM intellistation z pro

Zaw Htet wrote:
Hello Everybody
I'm want to replace
Maxtor ATLAS 15 K II
146 GB
15000 RPM
WIDE Ultra 320 SCSI with
new  hitachi  68pins Ultra 3 SCSI disk 147GB harddisk
on IBM intellistation z pro.
When i attach new drive , system not even boot up, but system found
the new drive.
Hmm. Recently I had to stop my collegue from ordering a replacement disk, he'd made sure that it was the right speed (U320) and it had the right number of pins, but the one in the machine was low voltage differential (LVD) and the one he was ordering wasn't. Look up the model number of the disk you're replacing and the one you're replacing it with and make sure that both have the same spec -- although the fact that the system finds it suggests you've got it right enough.

Ps. that system is using RHEL 3 64bit edition...
So you copied everything off the old disk on to the new disk? Sounds reasonable. It sounds as though you haven't installed the boot loader on the new disk though. To do that you'll need to boot an installation CD in rescue mode, follow the instructions about chroot and then

   grub-install '(hd0)'

to install grub.

jch