Re: Sound Server

The sound server you're having trouble with is artsd, you need to disable that on a global basis, or, failing that: "rpm -e arts" or just delete /usr/bin/artsd. Of course, the arts rpm depends on everything and its grandmother so removing it with --nodeps might cause some other breakage, but I guess it's worth a try. I guess you could also google for ways to globally disable artsd.

On my workstation I always disable arts, it's more trouble than it's worth, and if you can have global kde settings then you want to just globally stop the sound server from starting. But I guess you knew that :-)

jch