From: "Kevin Cole" <kevin cole gallaudet edu>
To: osdc-list redhat com
Sent: Thursday, December 2, 2010 11:35:52 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [Osdc-list] Points system

Does it get me free Red Hat stuff if I win lots of points? ;-)

Seriously, I'm not much into the points thing, unless it's for
something other than popularity.  If, like StackOverflow and its kin,
those with the best answers, as vetted by those who have already been
deemed to be the best answerers, get more points.  If it causes the
the more useful information to float to the surface, it's useful.  If
it's merely gold stars on people's foreheads, that got kind of old
after Kindergarten (though in theory, those stars were for jobs well
done).

--
 Kevin Cole                    |  Key ID: 0xE6F332C7   (GPG/PGP)
 Gallaudet University          |     WWW: http://research.gallaudet.edu/~kjcole/

        Linux: The flagship of Free, Open Source Software (FOSS)