Re: [Osdc-list] Need Help to Develop OpenSource Survey(s)

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Kevin Cole <kevin cole gallaudet edu> wrote:
For most of the students we advise, the hosted survey system at Survey Monkey or Zoomerang more than meets their needs.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/
http://www.zoomerang.com/

If you want to "roll your own", there's Lime Survey, which I'm JUST beginning to scratch the surface of:

http://docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=LimeSurvey+2.x+Installation

I recently learned of another hosted service -- Qualtrics -- that seems popular among academics and businesses, but I don't really know much about it -- other than the reason I learned about it: Members of a One Laptop per Child (OLPC) list were asked to participate.

http://www.qualtrics.com/

Survey Monkey's the only one I've worked with really.  (I've rolled a few from scratch a la LAPPP - Linux / Apache / PostgreSQL / PHP / Python, which allows me do do a few cute AJAX-y tricks, but doesn't seem worth the effort.)

--
 Kevin Cole                    |  Key ID: 0xE6F332C7   (GPG/PGP)
 Gallaudet University          |     WWW: http://research.gallaudet.edu/~kjcole/

        Linux: The flagship of Free, Open Source Software (FOSS)

My intention was not about survey tools but the questionnaires that would help us refine a more clear results to support our future aims of

--
Regards,

Mustafa Qasim
Associate System Administrator, IT OPS

i2c Incorporated.
1300 Island Drive, Suite 105
Redwood City, CA 94065-5170, USA

Desk: +1 650.593.5400 x 4105
24x7 NOC: +1 650.480.5291
Fax: +1 650.593.5402

Disclaimer: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.