[Ovirt-devel] Re: qpid errors

Ian Main imain at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 23:34:56 UTC 2008

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 09:23:23 -0500
Perry Myers <pmyers at redhat.com> wrote:

> Ian,
>
> Just checking status on some of the open issues that I had...
>
> Perry Myers wrote:
> > Perry Myers wrote:
> >> You don't need to fix this tonight ;)
> >>
> >> But I figured I would just list the issues so that we tracked them
> >> somewhere.
> >>
> >> 1. fix race condition where it's possible that the broker gets the
> >> Node object before the db entry is created via ovirt-awake.  This can
> >> be fixed by having a hashtable of nodes and for each node a dirty
> >> flag.  If db-omatic goes to update the state in the db and can't it
> >> flags the node as dirty.  On the next heartbeat if the flag is dirty
> >> for a particular node it tries to update the db again.  The dirty flag
> >> isn't removed until the update succeeds.  This should only be a
> >> temporary hack until we get ovirt-awake using qmf.
>
> This one you said is fixed correct?

Yes, fixed.

> >> 2. fix objects to be persistent so that restarts of the broker do not
> >> lose state
>
> This was a non-issue, correct?

Kind of.. the issue was that db-omatic was not reconnecting to qpidd when you
kill it.  Ted Ross added support to this to the ruby client today.  Will have
a new package soon that addresses this.

> >> 3. get one of the ui guys to fix the MHz display so that the value
> >> there shows up correctly
>
> sseago did this
>
> >> 4. figure out why libvirt and hypervisor version are showing up as
> >> unknown
>
> We need newer libvirt according to danpb (0.5.1)
>
> >> 5. db-omatic is not logging properly
>
> You fixed this
>
> >> 6. rsyslog is not working on node startup...  you have top manually
> >> restart the rsyslog daemon after the node has booted to get a
> >> /var/log/messages file
> >>
> >> I'll take a look at #6, the rest are qpid related so they're yours...
>
> I still need to figure this one out
>
> > Oh adding to the list
> >
> > 7. Get MRG to repackage their RPMs so that doxygen stuff is built during
> > RPM build and not as part of the source tarball and also get them to use
> > something other than 24 bit color for their png files.  And put their
> > docs into a docs rpm so that the devel rpm is not bloated.
>
> Have you talked to the MRG guys about this?

I have.. I talked to them the day they released it but I will keep bugging
them.  I'm guessing it's going to be a bit before they repackage.

	Ian