[Ovirt-devel] host node not seen

Ian Main imain at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 23:44:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 15:39:51 -0700
Tom Metge <tom at accident-prone.com> wrote:

> just deployed ovirt- well conceived and well implemented.  nice work.
>
> one problem- i'm able to bring the virtual nodes online and add them
> as hosts in the web console.  i've followed the wiki steps to make the
> host node a member (stateless), including shutting down, destroy,
> restart libvirtd, etc.  sadly, it never appears.  log snippet on host
> node (on which the appliance is running) says keytab was retrieved:

Hrrm, are you running on i386 by chance?  There was an issue where libvirt-qpid
was not recompiled for i386 on f10 and wasn't starting on the nodes.  If you do
a new build it should pick that up.  Otherwise, if x86_64, I'm not sure what the
issue is but there is one report on irc of it not working.  I'm going to be
testing it right now.

> [ovirt-host.log]
> Doing awake
> Connecting to 192.168.50.2:12120
> Starting wakeup conversation.
> Retrieving keytab: 'http://management.priv.ovirt.org/ipa/config/192.168.50.1-libvirt.tab'
> Disconnecting.
> Doing identify
> Sending oVirt Node details to server.
>
> still, no luck.  any ideas?

Yeah, the awake only creates the database entry.  libvirt-qpid on the node
communicates with db-omatic on the appliance to update the state of the nodes
and VMs.

	Ian