[Ovirt-devel] error while loading ISO image in ovirt ui

Hadi Al-Saadi halsaadi at thoughtworks.com
Tue Dec 16 15:55:00 UTC 2008

Dear perry,

pls look at  problem,, im going to loas my job,, because of this.. pls sir
i want to load ISO image so i can load windows or anything else, so we can
test it and replase our vmware in office

when im trying to load ISO image from localhost, after creating cobbler
profile with the command
cobbler image add --name=foo --file=/mnt/automnt/path/to/foo.iso
--image-type=iso
the profile create fine. no prolbmes, and i can see the ISO image from
ovirt ui drop list and i can select it.
when i try to start it, it giveing me error in ovirt ui task

error descraption
Call to function virStoragePoolCreate failed

2- when im trying to load ISO image from nfs from the localhost it self
with the command
cobbler image add --name=foo --file=nfs://user@host:/path/to/foo.iso
--image-type=iso
the comand create profile fine. and i can see the ISO image from ovirt uo
drop list and i can select it
but when im trying to start it it queued it for a while and after that it
giveing me error in ovirt ui task

error discraption
Call to function virStoragePoolDefineXML failed

when i give showmount -e localhost

[root at management amd64]# showmount -e localhost
Export list for localhost:
/iso                                 *
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/ubuntu-64 *
/ovirtnfs                            192.168.50.0/24
/cobblernfs                          192.168.50.0/24
[root at management amd64]#

i can see the mount point where i put the iso and also i can mount the
mount point in onthere system

pls  help me to load ISO image

-Regards

Hadi