[Ovirt-devel] Build fails due to missing ovirt-node-recipe.ks

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Fri Jul 2 11:40:22 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 09:00:14PM +1000, Justin Clacherty wrote:
> On 07/02/2010 08:43 PM, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> >
> >git clone ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/ovirt/node.git
> >cd node
> >git checkout -b next --track origin/next
> >./autogen.sh
> >./configure
> >make rpms
> >

> >And it worked just fine. I have RPMs in my ~/rpmbuildsRPMS/{noarchs,x86_64}
> >directories as expected. Can you verify that your environment has a Makefile in the
> >node directory and that an error didn't happen after you ran ./configure, perhaps
> >complaining about a missing package or library?
>
> my git clone was per the wiki ie. "git clone -b next ..." no --track
>
> From the node directory "make rpms" works fine.  From the ovirt
> directory it doesn't.

AH! Okay, that make senses. The "rpms" target is a project specific one; i.e.,
we don't support the old ovirt-build/ovirt-release model any longer.

>  I'll yum remove everything, delete the ovirt
> directory and try again using the wiki.  I think Alan is updating
> node-image.git to remove references to ovirt-node-recipe.ks as it's
> no longer supposed to be used so it might pay for me to wait until
> he's checked that in.  Correct me if I'm wrong Alan.

I'm also going to go through the wiki and clarify a few issue son it.

> BTW, it looks as though you've updated the wiki to do a make rpms
> from the ovirt directory in the last stage, but the node build is
> still make publish.  I'm guessing it should be make rpms as above.

I'm going to fix a few things there, yeah. :)

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/