Re: OpenSSH and PAM

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 11:36:40PM -0400, Paul Nicholas Faure wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > seems to me it would make sense to move the RSA authentication into a
> > PAM module, stack it in as a sufficient.
>
> This would also be a good solution. What is involved in creating a PAM
> module ? How easy is it ?

PAM, right now, can only do initial authentication. This could be
changed with no modifications to libpam; all that's needed is a set of
conventions by which PAM applications and modules should interact when
doing pass-through authentication.

This is where my PAM/SSO proposal comes in. I have to finish it. It's
not yet ready. I'm very busy. I want to finish it. Real Soon Now (tm).

:)

Nico