Re: pam_wheel

James Bagley Jr wrote:

Hey all,

I have users that need root access to their workstations. Reading the pam
documentation for the pam_wheel module it sounds like I can allow them to
'su -' without entering a password. This is ideal because I don't want to
give them that root password, i'd rather keep that to myself.

Why not use sudo. We use that so that we can login as root with our own password, and not know the root password. You can also sudo with no password, but it is a bigger security hole.

Forrest