Re: [redhat-ccm-list] advantages and disadvantages of generateXML

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for stating the disadvantages.  I would like to ask something a
bit related.  I have seen some CCM code that overrides generateXML, but
inside generateXML there is little custom XML.  What they do is
instantiate a normal bebop component and do like "Label.generateXML()".
Why is this style done?  Is it because they needed something a bit
custom but did not want to write the other pieces like buttons, label,
etc.?

Reading your reply makes me also think that when designing or whatever
you call it.  I will have to forsee what are the common elements on the
site.  And try to make things as common as possible.  For example if I
wanted to display a set of data in a way on page.  I should also think
if there are other pages that will display in a similar fashion.  Its
like programming in GNOME or KDE.

Jun